The Authority Service can also be used as an entity linking Application Programming Interface (API) outside of the context of OpenRefine. For example, the Context Explorer and NSSI call on the service. See our API documentation for details.
Authority Service and LINCS
The Authority Service is useful if you want to:
- Create Linked Data (LD) in a domain related to LINCS data
- Publish LD with LINCS
- Enhance your data with information from the LINCS KG
Users of the Authority Service:
- Do not need to create a user account
- Need to come with their own dataset
- Need a basic understanding of reconciliation and data cleaning
- Need an understanding of how to use an API if using the service outside of OpenRefine
The Authority Service supports the following information as inputs and outputs:
- Input: The name or identifier of an entity in your data
- Output: Possible matches for or context about your entity
Information about the team that developed the Authority Service is available on the Tool Credits page.