The LINCS API (https://lincs-api.lincsproject.ca/) exposes secure functionality to authorized LINCS users and applications. There are also public endpoints available e.g., to query the LINCS knowledge graph. It also acts as a gateway to other LINCS services like NER and entity linking.
Here is a list of some of the endpoints. For usage examples and a complete description of the API, please view the OpenAPI Contract.
entity: outgoing and incoming statements for LINCS entities
person: additional detail for a person type entity
place: additional detail for a place entity
linked: entities that are connected to the given entity via events
links: events that connect two entities
ner: named entity recognition on given text
reconcile: possible matches for a given entity and list of authorities
Users of the LINCS API:
- Need to come with their own dataset
- Need to have a LINCS account for some of the endpoints
- Need an understanding of how to make requests to a REST API (in any language) and work with JSON responses
LINCS-API supports the following inputs and outputs:
- Input: TEI/XML, plain text, and JSON
- Output: JSON, Web Annotations (in JSON-LD)
Information about the team that developed LINCS-API is available on the Tool Credits page.