The Vocabulary Browser uses Skosmos an open-source, web-based browser that allows you to access and share LINCS vocabularies that have been declared with the Simple Knowledge Organization System (SKOS).
Vocabulary Browser and LINCS
LINCS uses the Vocabulary Browser to document and display its vocabularies. You can use the tool to browse LINCS vocabulary terms alphabetically, hierarchically, and by special groups.
Vocabularies are used to add detail to Linked Open Data (LOD). LINCS encourages data contributors to make use of existing vocabularies where possible, while also recognizing the benefits of creating new, domain-specific vocabularies.
Users of the Vocabulary Browser:
- Do not need to come with their own dataset
- Do not need to create a user account
- Do not need to have technical knowledge
The Vocabulary Browser supports the following inputs and outputs:
- Input: NA
- Output: Various RDF formats
To learn more about the Vocabulary Browser, see the following resources:
- Suominen, Ylikotila, Pessala, Lappalainen, Frosterus, Tuominen, Baker, Caracciolo, & Retterath (2015) “Publishing SKOS Vocabularies with Skosmos”
- W3C (2014) “Skosmos”
Information about the team that developed the Vocabulary Browser is available on the Tool Credits page.